These days, when and where any woman is suffering in silence and unable to reach her own peak levels of confidence and happiness due to unhappiness with her breasts, there is a procedure available that can help. From the slightest of cosmetic tweaks to complete and total reconstructions of a much more intensive nature, there is indeed a solution out there for every problem.
However, just because breast augmentation is readily available does not mean that every woman is a perfect candidate for such surgery or should consider going under the knife. According to the experts at www.absamc.co.uk, it is of crucial importance that all women even thinking about undergoing breast augmentation acknowledge and consider several important points prior to going ahead.
So for the sake of your own long and short term well-being, be sure to consider and tick the following 10 boxes before agreeing to go under the knife:
- Contrary to popular belief, breast implants do not last forever. Even when utilising the most advanced techniques and technologically superior products and devices on the market today, approximately 25% of all women who undergo breast enlargement surgery end up having a second procedure within a decade. This shouldn’t be used to put you off, but it is something you should be aware of.
- The quality of the surgeon or group of surgeons you choose to carry out your breast augmentation will massively affect the outcome. It’s common to assume that standard breast augmentation procedures are the same no matter where you have them carried out, but in reality this is not the case at all. From quality of results to recovery times to aftercare and more, nothing matters more than working with the very best surgeon.
- On average, a woman undergoing breast augmentation as of 2015 will quite remarkably only require around a week off work. The days of taking hugely problematic periods of work off are long gone as recovery times have been brought down exponentially.
- Try to accept the fact that regardless of how much you wanted to be the case, you cannot go from very small to very large in a single procedure or even a pair of procedures. If you really want to make a huge difference size wise, you will be looking at a small handful of procedures at least.
- Don’t be surprised if your cosmetic surgeon to some extent comes across as if they are trying to talk you out of having breast augmentation surgery. The simple fact of the matter is it is the job and responsibility of the surgeon to make sure that you know exactly what you are getting into and that you are a safe and responsible candidate for breast augmentation. If the surgeon by contrast does not seem to care and is happy to dive in no questions asked, chances are this is a surgeon you might want to avoid.
- Even today, you cannot expect artificial breast implants to feel absolutely identical to natural breast tissue. It is of the utmost importance to have realistic expectations when it comes to the outcome of the operation and to know that there are limitations in terms of what breast augmentation surgery can do.
- There is a chance that if you are a smoker, heavy drinker or generally are in a poor state of health, you will not be able to find a responsible plastic surgeon who will be willing to carry out the breast augmentation. The key word here is a responsible as while you probably will be able to find somebody to do it, the fact that you have been turned down by reputable surgeons should tell you all you need to know.
- It is of the utmost importance to remember that breast augmentation and cosmetic surgery in general are not and never have been an effective cure for depression and general unhappiness. So many men and women alike dive into cosmetic surgery thinking that they will come out the other side miraculously altered in every way, when this is not the case at all. Be realistic with regard to your expectations and discuss things in full with your surgeon prior to agreeing to anything.
- As much as it may come across as rather cliché, the only stupid question when it comes to cosmetic surgery is the question you decide not to ask. Actually carrying out the surgery is only one part of the surgeon’s job as they are also there to address every single concern you may have along the way. So while it may seem to you like you are asking too many questions or that the questions you are asking are unnecessary, you should address every last point of concern way in advance.
- Last but not least, don’t forget that if you do decide to go ahead with breast augmentation surgery and successfully have the procedure carried out by a leading surgeon, chances are you will then face the rather mammoth task of investing in an entirely new wardrobe. There is every chance nothing will fit you correctly anymore, which to be honest for some represents the perfect excuse to go out and blow a small fortune on those clothes you’ve had your eye on for some time!