The smartphone industry has recently shifted its focus towards phones with minimal or no bezels. It was a trend that was first initiated by Samsung owing to their infinity display on the Galaxy S7 and the market has going crazy ever since. Bezel less phones not only give you more screen real-estate but the tall display’s often means that you can now fully use features like dual app on the same screen without either of them clashing. Also, given the fact that bezel less phones look gorgeous does make them stand out in a crowd. Every manufacturer has been hard at work to follow suit and now we have a few of them present in India as well. So, let’s see which of the new smartphones that have launched recently feature bezel less displays.
- Micromax Canvas Infinity: This is possibly the cheapest bezel less phone that you can buy in India at the moment. It retails at around Rs.10000 for which it offers quite a lot in terms of value. The canvas infinity comes with a Snapdragon 425 CPU which is the best in the budget, coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The highlight of the phone is its 5.7 inch 720p display which covers almost 90% of the front facia of the phone. The phone also has a 13MP rear camera along with a 16MP front facing camera for catering to the ever-growing selfie market. It’s a very decent pick for the price and is highly recommended.
- LG Q6: LG has been growing increasingly competitive in the mobile market and have a good track record with service and reliability. The Q6 is their entry into the budget bezel-less display phones segment and it boasts of one of the best displays in the sub 15k budget. The 5.5 inch display also has the highest resolution among all phones in this price bracket, outputting a massive 1080×2160 resolution and the bezels are really very thin and as a result, the front controls are embedded in the screen itself. Other than that the phone is powered by a Snapdragon 435 coupled with 3GB of RAM which makes multi-tasking a breeze. Also included in the package is a rear 13MP camera and front 5MP camera. The cameras are average by comparison and the build quality of the device is average too. If you’re looking for a device with the best screen under RS.15000, this is the device to look at.
- Vivo V7 Plus: The V7 plus is Vivo’s offering in the mid budget segment of phones that come with a bezel less display. The V7 has a large 5.9inch display with a resolution of 720*1440. The resolution isn’t really befitting the price but where the Vivo shines is with elimination of bezels and its cameras. There are little to no bezels in the display and the cameras have awesome performance. The Vivo is marketed as a selfie phone and to adhere to that it has a massive 24MP front facing camera along with an aperture of f.20 and front flash. The rear has a 16MP camera that also does the job pretty well. The phone retails at a price of around Rs.21000 which puts it in direct competition with the next contender.
- Nubia Z11: The Nubia series of phones is made by a company named ZTE. It’s a lesser known brand in India and hasn’t seen much success like Xiaomi but ZTE actually offers some of the best specs in the price bracket that it targets. The Z11 may not have thinner bezels like the Vivo V7 Plus and the LG Q6 but it still manages to cram in a 5.5 Inch 1080p in a relatively small package. Where the Z11 shines though is with the raw specifications of its devices. The Z11 comes with a very powerful Snapdragon 820 CPU with a colossal 6GB of RAM and 64GB of on board storage to boot with. This configuration will be more than enough for serious multitasking and high end gaming. The phone also comes with a 16MP Rear camera, Dual tone flash and a fingerprint sensor. Selfies are taken care of by an 8MP front facing camera. The Z11 can be purchased for a price of Rs.25000 which makes it one of the most powerful mid-range phones that you can buy.
- Xiaomi Mi MIX: The Mi MIX is probably the ultimate bezel less phone that you can buy under Rs.30K. The phone has no bezels whatsoever on the top and sides with a prominent bezel towards the bottom. It is one of the best looking phones ever made, period. The Mi MIX consists of a 6.4inch IPS display with a resolution of 1080*2040 but despite the big screen, the overall footprint is relatively small because of the elimination of the bezels. The phone is no slouch and comes packed with a Snapdragon 821 which is a very fast CPU coupled with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It is well suited for multitasking and also comes with a fairly large 4400mAh battery so getting through the day wouldn’t pose a problem. The Mi MIX is speculated to be launched with a price of Rs.29990 which is fairly good considering the overall specifications.
- LG G6: This is another device from LG that boast of a Bezel less display. Shape wise, it’s identical to the much cheaper Q6 but the G6 is positioned to be premium device rather than catering to budget. For starters, it has a 5.7 inch QHD 2K display which is extremely good and probably one of the best display’s around in the market now. It also comes with a Snapdragon 821 with 4GB of RAM and 64GB GB of internal storage, expandable up to a massive 2TB. This setup means that the phone well suited for serious multi-tasking and running multiple apps and heavy games shouldn’t pose a problem. The phone also comes with a two 13MP+13MP cameras for a dual camera setup coupled with LED flash. Selfies are taken care by a 5MP front camera. Overall, this is a very unique and impressive device all way round. It can be bought for Rs.33999 onwards depending on the variant, and it is well worth the price.
If bezel less phones is what you are looking for, then check out more information at 91mobiles and take your pick.