One of the most beautiful and spectacular locales in the world is Australia. From, natural scenic beauty of the Alps, grand ocean road, amazing coastal wilderness, pristine Blue Mountains, the Red Centre, and Flinders Ranges to the Kangaroo Island, the country’s fertile soil has a lot more to offer. It is one of the most sought after countries in many international comparisons including the global economy. With the revolutionary changes in the world, Australia is also touted to the 13th largest National Economy in the world with 68% as the service sector contribution. Web Hosting Australia is regarded as one of the largest web hosting service providers along with countries like USA, UK and even Canada.
With the growing service sector industry and over 200 web hosts across the realm, it becomes quite an arduous task to find the best service provider for web hosting in Australia.
Standard Specifications to Choose Web Hosting Australia
Every business or company today owns a website or is heading towards possessing one. In this cut throat competitive world, a website helps to make the business stand out in the clutter. But what if you have a fully featured website but not a good web server to host it? The entire strategy of reaching out to the millions and making your presence felt in the market is washed off. Thus, you need a reliable and noteworthy web hosting Australia service provider firm. This webmaster must be an expertise that holds an amalgamation of all the necessities of your business needs and provides the best support and tools. So how would you go about in choosing the one that best suits your business requirements?
- Quality and Timely Client Support
This is the first criterion that needs to be fulfilled. Is the web hosting Australia Company that you seek prompt enough to address to your concerns?
- Ability to upgrade their servers and systems as and when required
- Regular contact with their clients to give them quality support, guidance and even updates as an when required
- Performance assessment through their past clients
- Their Service Offerings
- Additional assistance provided if any
- Mode of Contact – Phone, email, fax or in person
- Server Performance
The next criterion that you must look at is the performance of the server. This is a timely and in person experience that you should gain as a business owner.
- Understand the performance of the server by browsing through the website of their clients. This will give you an idea of the speed at which the data is being transferred.
- Go through varied forums and discussion boards in order to gather reviews about this web hosting Australia service provider. By this you will be able to gauge their positive attributes and even the negative aspects of being associated with them.
- Application Familiarity and Clarity on your website Applications
- There are three types of servers in general, the Windows, Linux and UNIX servers. It is highly pivotal to get a deep understanding of the servers being offered by the service provider and their performance levels.
- Always ensure to understand the stature of your website from your website developer. This will help you to gain a comprehensive know-how of the applications being used on your website and thereby, you can compare those with the web host to check their compatibility and also if they could configure it for your website.
- Ability to guide and Suggest the amount of Server Space and the Bandwidth Required
- Depending on the technicality and type of website you own, decide on the space that you would need on the web server. For example, if you have a dynamic website like an e-commerce site, then owning a 250 MB space will be of no use. Hence the company that you are associating with should have the expertise and knowledge to understand your website needs and suggest accordingly.
- This also forms the basis of the amount of traffic being driven towards your website
- The knack to learn here is that the larger the contents on the website like flash presentations, images, audio, video files etc., the higher amount of bandwidth is required for the website to run smoothly.
- Package Offers and Features
A good web hosting Australia Company should be able to offer the following in their packages and more. The best way is to make a list of prospective companies, compare their offerings and prices.
- Amount of disk space
- Traffic allowance
- Control Panel, FTP access and accounts
- Data transfer on a monthly basis
- Add on Domains
- Free domains
- Email forwarding
- Compatibility on Mobile device
- SPAM protection
- CMS – content management software
- Web Based File Manager
- CGI support etc.